Although regular health checkup is of paramount importance for a healthy living, it is equally important to keep a check on one’s weight, nutrition level and get accustomed to a few hours of physical exercise every day. In today’s fast paced lifestyle, it has particularly become a rugged task to find time to opt for health checkup packages, which can indeed reduce many causes of stress, to further eliminate an assortment of health related issues. For women, it is very important to make it a habit, to go for regular health checkups. Doctors recommend this even if there are no symptoms. Women of all ages should plan a general checkup yearly or half yearly.
Physicians, on the basis of the information provided, the symptoms observed and past health problems, will conduct screening tests to find out one’s health status or disease risk, if any. If the health checkup results come out to be positive, it becomes clear that the person is healthy. There can be certain tests for which the doctor may advice not to eat anything solid for about 24 hours. Doctors usually ask certain questions during the test. A transpicuous answer to the doctor’s queries may be of great help. Any unusual experience or concern should be discussed with the doctor.
A full health checkup package offers a comprehensive improvement for general health, which may include heart disease, diabetes, osteoporosis, cholesterol, major organ functions and common cancers like colon and liver cancers. Exclusively designed health packages for women also include tests for ovarian, cervical, breast cancers and pelvic disorders.
Most women prefer to consult only a lady doctor when it’s about medical examination of intimate body parts. During a general health checkup, it may be required to undress partly or completely. The doctor will then carry out certain test as follows:
- Take a blood sample
- Take a urine sample
- External parts of the genital may be examined
- Swabs from cervix or vagina may be taken
- The doctor may place his/her fingers inside the vagina and the other hand on the stomach so as to get a feel of uterus and ovaries.
- The doctor may put inside the vagina a speculum to examine it. A pelvic examination helps in detecting any gynecological problem beforehand by examining the female organs.
- A women’s general health checkup also includes, performing a mammogram. Mammogram is a test to detect breast cancer with the help of an x-ray.
Besides this, an online health checkup can be of great help in knowing the overall health status including blood sugar, BMI, blood pressure and life expectancy, with a free assessment of the risks associated with one’s health.