Most medical health care professionals today, understand that your time is precious and therefore, have combined world-class wellness and medical services that bring you few of the most comprehensive and streamlined executive health check-ups available. In the current world and pace, it is quite easy to overlook your personal health conditions until there is a medical crisis. Therefore, opting for executive health checkup packages is essential as it provides you with a broad range of personalized options that help enhance your health and well-being.
While it is essential to know that every medical hospital or health care centre offers such check-ups, you must also know that the executive health checks or packages may differ in each of the places. Therefore, you must research about the hospital or health care centre and make a pick, depending on what suits your needs.
The executive check-up package is mostly recommended for people between 30 to 60 years of age and is especially advised for those individuals who have higher risk factors such as diabetes, hypertension, mellitus and obesity and for those people who lead a stressful lifestyle and have a history of smoking. The check-up usually includes various tests a few of which include:
- Haemogram: A haemogram, also known as a complete blood count (CBC), is a test that allows doctors to check for disorders such as anaemia, thalassemia, hyperchromia, infections, and hereditary spherocytosis. A CBC also helps detect leukemia and various other disorders and diseases. A haemogram measures the platelet count, red blood cell count, white blood cell count and haemoglobin. The haemoglobin is one that indicates the amount of oxygen carrying proteins that are present in the blood. While that red blood cells carry the oxygen, the white blood cells ward off infections. Platelets help the blood clot in times of an injury. A CBC also measures the haematocrit or the proportion of red blood cells in comparison to the amount of plasma in the bloodstream.
- Liver Function Test: The Liver function tests (LFT) are blood tests that are used to help diagnose as well as monitor the liver, its disease or damage. One of the important tests in an executive health check up package the LFT helps to measure the levels of certain enzymes and proteins in the blood. It helps to know how well the liver is performing to its normal functions of producing proteins and clearing the bilirubin, which is a blood waste product.
- Biochemical Parameters: The biochemical parameters include tests such as fasting blood sugar (FBS), Blood Urea, haemoglobin A1c (HbA1c), S. Creatinine and S. Uric Acid.
- Lipid Profile: This includes tests for total cholesterol, low density lipoprotein (LDL), high density lipoprotein (HDL), triglycerides and total cholesterol.
- General Tests: This includes urine routine, stool routine test, X-ray chest, resting echocardiogram (ECG), ultra-sonogram of the abdomen, pap smear, pulmonary function test (PFT), and much more.
These are a few of the most important tests that are included in the executive check-up package.