The body stops growing during the early 20s, but it goes on to experience wear and tear as one continues with their daily activities and lifestyle. It thus becomes essential that one opts for regular health check-ups, to ensure that they are healthy and fit.
But with busy schedules and expensive healthcare there is no time or extra cash to book health check-ups. Primarily because of this reason, medial healthcare facilities have introduced executive health checkup packages, which are not only cost effective but also include all the necessary tests that should be done in a general health check-up.
An executive check-up package, is offered by most hospitals, but the kind of tests and health examinations included in the package differ from one healthcare centre to another. Thus, it is essential that you conduct a thorough research and choose the executive check-up package that specifically suits your requirements.
An executive health check is generally designed for individuals aged 30-60 years and is recommended for those who are at a high risk of developing conditions like diabetes, obesity, hypertension and heart disease.
What should you expect during an executive health check?
- Similar to a general health check-up an executive health checkup begins with the doctor questioning one about their medical history and daily lifestyle.
- This is followed by a physical exam during which further information about present health conditions is taken. Depending on the outcome of the physical examination the doctor may recommend a sub-specialist.
- An executive health check even includes certain tests which are done to detect common health problems like heart disease and cancer.
- It also includes evaluation of cardiovascular fitness. This screening is quite important as it helps determine an individual’s stress levels, depending on his lifestyle and the environment around him.
- One can also expect an executive health check to include a process of reviewing current medications and making necessary changes. It also includes the essential vaccines and immunizations that one needs. Taking the required vaccinations are especially important for individuals who are regularly travelling out of the country.
- Over all an executive check-up package also reviews the diet and lifestyle of an individual. Suggestions are given on necessary changes in diet and physical activity.
- Focusing on gender specific facilities, an executive check-up package offers gynaecological consultation for women too.
An executive check-up package can prove to be quite beneficial for an individual if the right one is chosen. It definitely helps one live a healthy and happy life.